Board of Directors
Designers / Suppliers
Meda / Design Center
William J. Kolb
Space Island Group
- Senior Consultant - Technology Solutions Company, Chicago, IL (1997 to 1999)
- Implementation of Baan ERP manufacturing software and Enterprise Modeler
- Implementation at a plastic molding company and a manufacturer of baby products.
- Operations Planning Coordinator - United Space Alliance, Titusville, FL (1996 to 1997)
- Project team lead for development, planning and implementation of a broad spectrum radio frequency system covering 9 square miles
- Team member for the selection of inventory and maintenance software supporting maintenance operations and for ISO 9000 compliance
- Directorate lead for facility projects including repair of existing or requirements for new construction
- Operations Planning Coordinator - Lockheed Space Operations Company, Titusville, FL (1988 to 1996)
- Staff to director of ground support equipment
- Project team lead for the development, design, and implementation of the bar code tracking system for the Space Shuttle program ground support equipment
- Project team lead in the development and implementation of the Program Control Implementation Board to support the modifications of ground support equipment by better consolidated management, utilization of material, and man-power resources.
- Team member of the Flight Operations Support Equipment Team responsible for meeting the KSC launch site directorís established objectives resulting in cost avoidance and productivity enhancements worth over $5 million annually.
- Directorate lead for FY Construction of Facilities
- Directorate lead on the NASA TM GSE Availability Enhancement Team resulting in development and implementation of maintenance enhancements resulting in a savings of over 10,000 man-hours
- Directorate lead on the NASA special equipment approval board
- Supervisor - Lockheed Space Operations Company, Vandenberg AFB, CA (1983 to 1988)
- Established and implemented the planning, scheduling and site inspections for a corrosion arrest department for government assigned facilities and Aerospace ground equipment
- Developed and implemented on site proof loading capabilities
- Developed statement of work and directed the contract implementation as the technical monitor supporting launch and supporting facilities repair, testing and corrosion control
- Directed Logistics Engineering support for installation, checkout and activation of all systems and facilities for the Space Shuttle activation, processing and launch preparedness activities.
- Supervised and managed 88 logistics engineers and 94 temporary personnel in customer support and logistics support analysis provisioning and warehouse operations.
- Realized a savings that exceeded 2.5 million dollars in provisioning requirements.
- Project Estimator - Lockheed Air Services Company, Ontario, CA (1981 to 1983)
- Developed proposals, pricing estimates and contract quotations for new and refurbishment of facilities, aircraft modification, repairs, project changes and supported contract negotiations
- Achieved over a 95% award rate that included several multi-million dollar projects.
- Service Planner - Lockheed Air Services Company, Ontario, CA (1980 to 1981)
- Interpreted engineering drawings for developing bills of materials and work orders for the production of aircraft parts and modifications
- Developed depot level maintenance work cards supporting C-130 type aircraft periodic maintenance and modifications resulting in reducing maintenance turnaround processing time by over 10%.